Sierra Leone is anticipated to record the highest growth rate at 14.6 percent. On a number of key economic statistics that make markets attractive, Sierra Leone is trending in the right direction. Macroeconomically, Sierra Leone is well on its way to achieving stability. While inflation is higher than in developed economies, it is falling, and the current rate relative to the US dollar is stable.
The government is helping to drive growth through its program Vision 2025, which focuses government policy on the following core strategic issues in order to guide policies and programs that contribute to Sierra Leone’s development:
- Attaining competitive, private sector–led economic development with effective indigenous participation.
- Creating a high quality of life for all citizens.
- Building a well-educated, enlightened society.
- Establishing a tolerant, stable, secure, well-managed society based on democratic values.
- Ensuring sustainable exploitation and effective use of natural resources while maintaining a healthy environment.
- Becoming a nation driven by science and technology.
Source: Sierra Leone Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper 2005.