The Tourism sector in Sierra Leone has become one of the top priority sectors due to the vast improvement demonstrated over the years, with the huge inflow of foreign direct investment and improvement in quality and standards by our domestic investors in this sector. Sierra Leone is definitely back on the map as a tourist destination, with the surge in the number of tourists visiting Sierra Leone annually, and we have slowly gained back the momentum with the influx of International Brands with the likes of Hilton and Radisson Blu investing in our tourism sector.
As is most commonly described, Sierra Leone is the best kept secret destination for Tourism investment and is blessed with wonderful people with mixed culture and stronger acceptability for religious tolerance. The people are generally known for their reputation of friendliness, thoroughly cordial and hospitable towards visitors and are always genuinely happy to provide helpful assistance such as allowing strangers to lodge with them when needed.
The tourism exploit is blessed:
- With 360 km coastline of beautiful, un-spoilt white sand beaches
- World –Class regime fishing with record setting tarpon catches
- It Coastal beautiful city of Freetown is only 3 hours away from Lagos, Africa’s largest city, 8 hours away from the US, and 6 hours from Europe
- 18 national heritage sites linked to sierra Leone’s rich past of both the slave trade and as a home for returning slaves
- 31 protected areas with unique wildlife including pygmy hypos, chimpazess, jungle elephants, and many species of birds
Above all, Sierra Leone is classified for highlights of opportunities for first movers in both leisure and business hospitality in Sierra Leone.
Our wide range of tourism assets includes: